Monday, March 14, 2011

Story of Elder Russell M. Nelson's grandfather being visited by his father in a dream or vision

Dear friends and family: Good morning! Here is a wonderful account of Elder Russell M. Nelson's grandfather, A. C. Nelson which Grant and Lois Morrell shared with us today. Please take the time to read and ponder its message, and have a wonderful day. Your friend and brother. Jim
Elder Russell M. Nelson’s grandfather was A.C. Nelson. A. C. kept a modest journal, and one of his most inspiring entries was the record of a visitation from his father, Mads Peter Nielsen, who had recently died. This experience, included verbatim below, has blessed the Nelson Family:
“On the night of April 6, 1891, I had a strange dream or vision in which I saw and conversed with my father, who died January 27, 1891. I felt so impressed after it that I desired to write it for my own benefit and the benefit of my family and friends.
“Though some may scorn and laugh at the idea of such a visitation, yet I feel assured that it was real, and it has been and I hope always will be a source of much pleasure and satisfaction to me. To corroborate my testimony of the possibility of such a visitation I quote the following: “Spirits can appear to men when permitted; but not having a fleshy tabernacle can not hide their glory.” I was in bed when father came in, or entered the room; he came and sat on the side of the bed. I could plainly see my wife and children in bed too”
“When father came to the bed, he first said: ‘Well, my son, being you were not there (at Redmond) when I died, so that I did not get to see you, and as I had a few spare minutes...’ ‘I am very glad to see you, father. How do you do?’ ‘I am feeling well my son, and have had very much to do since I died.’
“‘What have you been doing since you died, father? Have you seen (here I mentioned the names of some of our dead friends)?’ “‘This question he did not answer but looked at me and smiled. “‘My son, I have been traveling with Apostle Erastus Snow ever since I died; that is, since three days after I died; then I received my commission to preach the Gospel. You can not imagine, my son, how many spirits there are in the Spirit world that have not yet received the Gospel; but many are receiving it, and a great work is being accomplished. Many are anxiously looking forth to their friends, who are still living, to administer for them in the Temples. I have been very busy in preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.’
“‘Will all the spirits believe you, father, when you teach them the Gospel?’ ‘No, they will not.’
“‘How are you and mother, the boys, Emillie and the girls getting along?’ ‘I am well, father, and when I last heard from Redmond the folks there were well.’
“‘Father, can you see us at all times, and do you know what we are doing?’ ‘No, my son, I can not. I have something else to do. I can not go when and where I please. There is just as much, and much more, order here in the Spirit world than in the other world. I have been assigned work and that must be performed.’
“‘We intend to go to the Temple and get sealed to you as soon as my school is closed. I have talked with the girls about it and they want to be sealed to you.’ ‘That, my son, is partly what I came to see you about. We will yet make a family and live throughout Eternity.’
“‘O, father, how glad I am that you died in full faith in the Gospel, and in full fellowship in the church.’ ‘Well, my son, your father always did know since he joined the church that the Gospel was true, and you know that I always taught it to you, when you were a small boy. I got a little stubborn, but who is there of us that has not been a little cross and naughty at times. The short time that I was cross does not amount to 15 minutes in comparison to Eternity. I was punished for it. But it is all right. My son, you take care that you do not get that way.’
“‘Father, is it natural to die? Or does it seem natural? Was there not a time when your spirit was in such a pain that it could not realize what was going on or taking place?’ ‘ No, my son, there was not such a time. It is just as natural to die, as it is to be born, or for you to pass out of that door (here he points at the door). When I had told the folks that I could not last long, it turned dark and I could not see anything for a few minutes. ‘Then, the first thing I could see was a number of spirits in the Spirit world. Then, I told the folks that I must go. The paper you gave me, my son, is dated wrong, but it makes no particular difference; correct records are kept here.’
“‘Father, is the principle and doctrine of the Resurrection as taught us true?’ ‘True. Yes, my son, as true as can be. You can not avoid being Resurrected. It is just as natural for all to be Resurrected as it is to be born and die again. No one can avoid being resurrected. There are many spirits in the Spirit world who would to God that there would be no Resurrection.’
“‘Father, is the Gospel as taught by this Church true?’ “My son, do you see that picture; (pointing to a picture of the First Presidency of the Church hanging on the wall)? ‘Yes, I see it.’ ‘Well, just as sure as you see that picture, just so sure is the Gospel true. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has within it the power of saving every man and woman that will obey it, and in no other way can they ever obtain a salvation in the Kingdom of God. My son, always cling to the Gospel. Be humble, be prayerful, be submissive to the Priesthood, be true, be faithful to the covenants you have made with God. Never do anything that will displease God. O, what blessing is the Gospel! My son, be a good boy.’
“‘Good bye.’
“I then saw him leave the room. He was neatly dressed in a suit of light gray clothes, which I had never seen him wear when alive.’
A.C. Nelson’s record of this visitation has had a profound impact upon his grandchildren, and, on occasions, Elder Nelson has quoted excerpts at funerals of various family members.

3 comments:

  1. Found this at Random while On FaceBook??? Answer to a Spiritual moment I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last words and wishes - lastwhispers
    What will my family do after my death, an important question arises in every mind. If I wants to save my last words and wishes at the time of death. We need solutions for securing final legacy as last message for my loved ones is important. To secure my last words, I utilize services of last whispers, do give it a try.

    WHAT WILL MY FAMILY DO AFTER MY DEATH, MY LAST WORDS AND WISHES, MY LAST WORDS, FINAL LEGACY, AT THE TIME OF MY DEATH, LAST MESSAGE FOR MY LOVED ONES
    https://www.lastwhispers.com/

    ReplyDelete